Jason is a Research Associate in the Intelligent Interactive Systems group, lead by Dr Per Ola Kristensson. Jason's research is focused on both the micro- and macro-impacts of digital technology on people and society. He is interested in a wide variety of areas topics including policy, economics, crowdsourcing, software development, ubiquitous computing, and interface design. His current work involves the investigation and application of mobile crowdsourcing.
Jason is a member of the Centre for Science and Policy (CSaP) network and completed his PhD at the University of Cambridge, as member of the Intelligent Interactive Systems research group, supervised by Dr Per Ola Kristensson. Jason undertook the first two years of his PhD study at the University of St Andrews, as a member of the SACHI research group.
This list includes peer-reviewed publications authored by Jason.
- Jacques, J.T. 2020. CHI 2020: Right Here, Right Now? A bottom-up approach to estimating the carbon emissions from more than twenty years of CHI conference travel. In CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems Proceedings (CHI 2020; alt.chi). ACM Press: Paper ALT01. PDF Publisher Data
- Jacques, J.T. and Kristensson, P.O. 2019. Crowdworker Economics in the Gig Economy. In CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems Proceedings (CHI 2019). ACM Press: Paper 391. PDF Publisher Website
- Dudley, J.J., Jacques, J.T. and Kristensson, P.O. 2019. Crowdsourcing Interface Feature Design with Bayesian Optimization. In CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems Proceedings (CHI 2019). ACM Press: Paper 252. PDF Publisher Data
- Jacques, J.T. and Kristensson, P.O. 2017. Design Strategies for Efficient Access to Mobile Device Users via Amazon Mechanical Turk. In Proceedings of First ACM Workshop on Mobile Crowdsensing Systems and Applications (CrowdSenSys 2017). ACM Press: 26-31. PDF Publisher Data
- Hirth, M., Jacques, J.T., Rodgers, P., Scekic, O. and Wybrow, M. 2017 Crowdsourcing Technology to Support Academic Research. In Archambault D., Purchase H., Hoßfeld T. (eds) Evaluation in the Crowd. Crowdsourcing and Human-Centered Experiments. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 10264. Springer: 70-95. PDF Publisher Book
- Jacques, J.T. and Kristensson, P.O. 2015. Understanding the effects of code presentation. In Proceedings of the 6th Workshop on Evaluation and Usability of Programming Languages and Tools (PLATEAU 2015). ACM Press: 27-30. PDF Publisher Poster
- Jacques, J.T., Perry, M. and Kristensson, P.O. 2015. Differentiation of online text-based advertising and the effect on users' click behavior. Computers in Human Behavior 50: 535-543. PDF Publisher Data
- Jacques, J.T. and Kristensson, P.O. 2013. Crowdsourcing a HIT: measuring workers' pre-task interactions on microtask markets. In Proceedings of the 1st AAAI Conference on Human Computation and Crowdsourcing (HCOMP 2013). AAAI Press: 86-93. PDF Publisher Website
These lists includes work done by Jason in support of teaching and education.
- Engineering Design Group leader for paper reading and review sessions with new PhD students and other interested individuals.
- CS5040 Marking student presentations on a variety of research topics.
- CS2003 Slide preparation and demonstration code for introductory classes on web development. Demo Slides (Part 1) Slides (Part 2)
These lists includes work done by Jason in support of the academic community.
- CHI 2020
- UIST 2019
- CHI 2019
- Computers in Human Behavior
- International Journal of Human Computer Studies
- MobileHCI 2017
- UIST 2017
- CHI 2016
- CHI 2015
- IUI 2015
- IUI 2013